River Inquiry Via Exploration of our Region (RIVER)
RIVER collaborates with educators to create environmental change by amplifying youth voices,
building community partnerships and connecting local actions to global initiatives.
WHO WE ARE
- K-12 educators and their students investigating the Mill River watershed
- Community organizations including host partners Mill River Greenway Initiative and Connecticut River Conservancy
- Five College faculty, staff & students
- Advisory council of educators, scientists, artists and interested community members
HOW WE WORK
- See for yourself: explore our Projects and Models
- Inquiry-driven, imaginative and interdisciplinary
- Place-based and project-based pedagogies
- Collaborate with community partners and engage local audiences
- Focus on local actions and solutions that connect to regional and global initiatives
WHAT WE HOPE TO DO
- Amplify youth voices and agency.
- Strengthen connections between schools and communities
- Identify grant-funded opportunities to engage youth in environmental literacy, civic action and community leadership
- Exchange, improve and replicate models for building environmental literacy
- Strive for resilient and equitable improvement of environmental conditions
INVITATION TO CONNECT
Are you an educator interested in finding out more about our network and how you and your students can get involved?
Are you a researcher seeking community engagement opportunities for a grant-funded project or proposal?
Do you have questions or suggestions?
Would you like to support our initiative?