PROJECTS AND MODELS
The goals of the Mill River Learning Initiative (MRLI) are to:
- Experience the landscapes of the Mill River Watershed as integrative learning tools for local students, teachers and their communities;
- Use this place as a way to integrate our understanding of the world;
- Develop experiences, models, and resources through student and teacher initiatives;
- Develop a series of units at each grade level that connect to other grade levels across disciplines;
- Showcase one another's work and reach out to other learning communities to share each other's experiences;
- Inspire the schools to become a driving force for community sustainability and resilience.